EMImills - Laboratory Pilot Mills
1.25 & 2.0 Liter
Pilot series mills are used for wet milling, fine grinding and dispersing
of solids into liquids. Recommended for laboratory research,
product development, and small batch production of liquid and
paste viscosity products. Information gained through testing
with the Pilot mill will provide scale up expectations for larger
production equipment as well as provide for small batch production requirements.
- Small production batches.
- Fluid or viscous products.
- Different feed pump systems available.
- Single or multiple pass operation.
- Variable speed
agitator 0 to 4000 rpm.
- Variable rate
feed pump. 0 to 400 rpm.
- Results scale
- Bench top
of process functions available.
- Various materials
of construction available.
General Operation -
- Dispersions to be processed are metered
through the agitated bed of grinding beads in the milling chamber
via the variable rate feed pump.
- Agitator rotational speed is variable and control the energy input to the product.
- Product quality is controlled by mill residence time,
bead loading and agitator tip speed as well as product formulation.
- Various grinding media's can be used including glass, ceramics and steel.
- Capable of producing sub micron particles.
- Information obtained from milling on the Pilot Mill will help to predict production expectations.